Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Photo of the Day......Low Key Lighting

We learn by doing is the old expression.  I've been dipping my toe into  portraiture.  I have not invested in the studio lighting gear needed so these are crude attempts using only a couple floods and one spot, and natural window light.  I will be posting a few low-key, color and black and white "Noir" portraits over the next few days.  This photo was taken with one floodlight to photo right.  I mixed the lighting around to open and close the light in different areas with different set ups.  As I said.  We learn by doing.  


Finally, I will be revisiting this "Lady in Black" theme again come this fall when the sun is lower in the sky and streaming into the tall south facing windows.  

I have to also mention the real quality in any of these photos is due to the model.  She is awesome.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment