Saturday, August 21, 2010

Photo of the Day..........First attempt

I built a makeshift light table for the adverstising assignment.  I used what materials I could come up with cheaply which consisted of PVS conduit elbows fittings and a flourescent light fixture diffuser.  The PVC table was a good idea it works reasonable well.  The flourescent light diffuser was not a good idea.  I attempted to use paper to provide more opacity but the texture showed through and smoot even lighting did not happen.  The table is good.  I need to find a sheet of 1/8" to 1/4" translucent white plastic sheet to make the light table work as intended.   Here is the light table and the first attempt.  It is quickly obvious that the diffuser and paper is not going to cut it. 



Did I tell you that one additional draw back using the flourescent light diffuser is it melts.  the bottom light melted the plastic where the objects were sitting and it started to sag.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi! You like art? Please have a look at my paintings and sketches.
    http://joeparthur.blogspot.com/search/label/art
    Maybe you like to follow me...I would be very pleased...
    :-))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks complicated. Great pic in the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete